Hemp seeds are nature's perfect food source bringing to your diet an abundance of essential nutrients to promote optimal health.
In their organic natural state hemp seeds are considered by many to be the safest, most digestible, balanced, sustainable, natural and complete source of protein, amino acids and essential fats found anywhere in nature!
Raw hemp seeds go through a process called de-hulling to remove the outer shell, leaving the delicious edible centre known as hemp hearts.
With a mild "nutty" flavour, similar to cashews or pine nuts (but unique in their own right!), hemp hearts will take your dish to the next level!
Ingredients: Organic Hulled Hemp Seeds (100%) 1kg.
- Organic - free from toxins, allergens & genetic modification.
- Easy to digest - free of phytic acid (no need to soak!). Contains gut cleansing fibre!
- High in protein - contains all amino acids (including the essential 9 that our bodies cannot make!).
- Balanced ratio of Omega 3, 6 & 9. An unbalanced ratio and too much Omega 6 can be linked to cancer, obesity, cardiovascular disease, inflammatory & auto-immune diseases. Hemp hearts contain the ideal ratio of 3:1 of Omega 6 to Omega 3.
- Rich in GLA – an active form of Omega 6. Getting enough GLA into the diet can help combat various diseases such as heart disease, rheumatoid arthritis, neuropathy & skin conditions.
- Good source of Iron, Magnesium & Zinc.
- Sustainable – no need to kill animals, damage the environment or exploit our oceans to meet our daily dietary requirements. Hemp can grow almost anywhere without the use of toxic fertilisers, herbicides or pesticides and requires far less water than traditional crops.
These Organic hemp hearts are imported and come to us via a Bio-Gro New Zealand Certified company. The hearts are then bagged by us in our accredited food grade packing facilities. A common method of harvesting hemp is using a grain harvester and as a result many companies cannot claim Gluten Free status. These Organic Hemp Hearts have been harvested on a farm that only grows and harvests Industrial Hemp and further tests of this product have been carried out in New Zealand to confirm they are free of gluten. Organic grown Hemp ensures SAFER (non-toxic, GMO-free), highest quality and healthier nutrient dense food - NATURALLY!
Uses for Hemp Hearts
Sprinkle it – hemp hearts are soft and delicious. Sprinkle them on your breakfast, lunch, dinner or simply eat them on their own!
Blend it – for an extra punch, add hemp hearts to your protein shake or smoothie.
Bake it – as a substitute, use hemp hearts in your bread, cookies, muffins and raw snacks (raw baking is best to ensure nutrients are maintained).
Dairy & nut-free alternatives – hemp milk and hemp ice-cream.